If you are interested in learning how to reduce the symptoms of menopause or lose weight in a healthy and natural way, then you are in the right place!
Let’s start here (check all that apply): I’m here because I …
- Am frustrated by a belly that continues to expand
- Can’t seem to lose weight anymore.
- Am tired of being hot when nobody else is or keeping the window open at night so I’m not drenched in sweat
- Can’t sleep and feel like I have no energy
- Suffer from mood swings, brain fog or anxiety that wasn’t there a few years ago.
The great news is there is no wrong answer. If any, or all, of the above apply to you, you are in the right spot.
Hi I’m Sherry
and it’s my goal to use my personal experience and fitness and nutrition coaching expertise to show you how to reduce the symptoms of menopause using simple fitness, nutrition and lifestyle changes. I can help you discover how to make changes that are manageable but effective.
I’m a certified nutrition coach and personal trainer. I work with menopausal and perimenopausal women who are struggling with the symptoms of menopause. I am passionate about helping women make changes that will help them reduce the effects of the hormonal changes that occur during menopause.
Why is expertise important?
I have been through menopause myself and understand how each woman has a different experience. But, I don’t feel that having been through it is enough. I am Precision Nutrition level 2 certified and I use the no nonsense approach that this program takes in my own coaching. I am also a CSEP Cerrtified Personal Trainer so I understand the importance of exercise at all stages of life. I have worked with many women to help them make positive changes and I have also worked with people with chronic conditions so I know the effects of ignoring our bodies as we get older. I use my expertise in fitness and nutrition to help you find solutions for symptoms like weight gain, hot flashes, and anxiety so you can feel like yourself again.
When I’m not helping women I can usually be found outdoors…
I enjoy walking, running and cycling in the country. I live an hour away from the mountains and love camping in the summer. Living in a high altitude, northern climate, I have a love hate relationship with gardening. I have two teenage boys. Imagine having puberty and menopause in the same household. I love simplicity and I’m not an all or nothing type of person. My advice and my programs reflect that. You won’t see me giving extreme or complicated advice.
Want to know more? Here are a few fun facts you don’t know about me:
- I worked as an engineer and a project manager before following my passion into fitness and nutrition. I approach my client’s problems with the analytical mind of an engineer, but with the understanding of a woman who has been through menopause.
- I love to travel. I’ve travelled in North America, Europe and Asia and I love staying active while travelling – cycling in Europe, running in Korea and hiking in Indonesia
- I love food. One of my passions is trying local food while travelling.
Do you want to get started with making changes that will help with menopause symptoms?
Losing weight and reducing menopause symptoms starts with a great breakfast. These 5 breakfast ideas help you to balance your hormones to help you get started with weight loss or reducing other symptoms.Download your 5 breakfast ideas here